If there is anyone in the scene who can give fool-proof advice on DJing, it’s definitely Mark Nicosia. Being the Director of the DJ Department at Bounce Electronic Music & DJ School, rest assured, his wisdom is backed up by years of practice and experiences.
UNCOVR.co chats with the Ais Nicaution and we asked him how to guarantee a prime time set for your future gigs.
- Those lights on the Master is how Turnt the people are! Keep it on Red.
- If you’re the warm up DJ, check out Billboard and Beatport top 100 and play all those!
- Doesn’t matter if tracks have BPM disparity, sync will do the job.
- If you’re the warm up DJ, make sure your last song is less than a minute.
- If you’re playing Pick-up, go ahead and repeat tracks, people enjoyed it during Primetime, they should enjoy now.
- Doesn’t matter if you can’t speak, it’s always going to sound cool if you have the mic.
- It’s not considered a good set if you don’t stand on the equipment table. Even if you’re playing in a pub or a sweet sixteen, get up there!
- Jesus pose, means you’re busy and not taking requests
- The best time to pee is when the next DJ is early. Just tell him to set up already. Take your time, jingle and mingle.
- You have to play the National Anthem before your last song. Cinemas do it, so you can be a celebrity too!
Happy April Fools’ Day!